3 things I found interesting
1. I think it is interesting there is research out in to find the different types of parenting styles. It’s interesting how in my mind when reading the different styles I can remember a parent from my community that is a pure example of that style.
2. Moratorium means identity crisis; suspension of choices because of struggle. I think how it’s interesting that now I have a name to call this struggle it makes it seem valuable to being aware of in my students so I can help guide them into choice that will be more successful in there future.
3. I think it’s crazy that girls already in grade 2 and 3 have experienced a time where they used rational aggression. They might just do it verbally by lashing out but this is something important to keep in mind so we can guide them to exspress there emotions in a different way.
2 things I have connected with
1. We learnt that girls tend to mature faster than boys and I connected this with the importance of recess because Maturation might be a leading factor in a child’s recessed play. The reason why I think it is detrimental it’s because when someone says they may lose their sense of imagination and instead of wanting to run around the lower playground imagining the ground is lava we usually see girl students trying to stay inside or not moving around and just socializing with friends.
2. My moms parenting was quite wishy-washy. Her parenting style was quite authoritarian. The reason I found this style wishy-washy is she never explained reasoning behind her rules. An example could be When one day u get in trouble for something and the next day u do it but u still get in trouble for not doing it right and the next day u do it right but there’s never a reward or reason that you know of to do the task.
1 thing I’m still wondering about
1. We learnt the many parenting styles but which one would be best for a child with a behaviour problem based on psychological research.